There are some days where I want to cook, but not really, ya feel me? That basically means pre-cooked foods. And there’s nothing wrong with that.
If I’m being honest, I typically stay away from pre-cooked, ready-made, or frozen meals. They get points for easy and quick, but I usually gravitate towards making my meals fresh. On days when I don’t want to stay over the stove for too long, I’m glad that these types of food exist because it saves me SO MUCH TIME.
I partnered with Afia Foods to show you how to shake up your typical taco by using their delicious and healthy frozen falafels to bring you my super easy falafel taco recipe. It’s the Mediterranean and Mexican fusion you didn’t know you needed until now 😉
*all of the items listed in the ingredients can be found at your friendly neighborhood HEB
How to Make Falafel Tacos with Afia Foods
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 package Afia Foods falafels
- 1 package Kronos Multigrain Pita
- 1 14 oz package of HEB pico de gallo
- 1 8 oz package of HEB Organic Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- 1 package HEB Coleslaw Salad Kit
- 1 12 oz package of Cedar’s Tzatziki Cucumber and Garlic Dip
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Lay 3 pieces of frozen Afia Foods Falafel on a cooking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes
- While falafels are in the oven, prepare the coleslaw according to the instructions on the package
- Preheat a pan on the stove to medium-high heat
- After 10-12 minutes, turn oven to high broil and broil falafels for an extra 3-5 minutes until crispy
- While falafels are broiling, heat pita bread in the pan
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!